Who Is NewRoute Digital?
Our role as a software development company is to help you design and build software products to create meaningful digital experiences for your customers. We work with you to create software your customers would love to use. We use the best Agile engineering practices and platforms for fast, reliable delivery. We then help you understand your customers and the data that their interaction drives in order to optimize your business.
Developer Profile - Graeme Knight, Principal Software Engineer
Graeme is an experienced software developer with many years of experience delivering complex systems. He has led development of a cutting edge web-based appliance that was installed at over 2500 customer sites; delivered a cellular, cloud-based marketing platform from conception through to production; designed and delivered a breakthrough IoT (Internet of Things) cloud-based platform enabling 40% reduction in fluorescent light energy consumption in commercial buildings; and designed automation solutions delivering complex ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) with 100% accuracy to some of the biggest credit agencies and travel companies in the world.
- Highly experienced with Java, Python, C#/.NET, C/C++.
- Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Spring.
- MySQL, Postgres, DB2, SQL Server, Hibernate, Airflow, RabbitMQ, Celery.
- Agile/Scrum methodology, Test Driven Development (TDD), Junit.
- Object Oriented Development, API design.
- Maven, CI/CD, Git, SVN, CVS.
- Linux, AWS / Elastic Beanstalk.
- Data warehousing and analytics.
- E-commerce, Digital Marketing, System Analysis and Design.
Traverse Associates – Toronto, ON. Runcorn, UK. Jan 2016 – Present.
- Delivered automation platform allowing distribution and execution of workflow tasks to software agents at customer sites (Java, Python and Django, Apache Airflow, RabbitMQ, Celery, MySQL).
- Delivered data warehouse implementation to customers (Caravan Club, Eurotunnel), enabling them to perform analytics, real-time product pricing comparisons and reporting (Java, Tomcat, SQL Server, Jasper Reports).
- Implemented mission critical ETL automations migrating gigabytes of product data for TUI Group (Java, PHP, Hibernate, MySQL, SQL Server).
I4 Quality Software – Markham, ON. May 2015 – Jan 2016.
- Delivered scalable ETL platform consuming 1000s of debt records each day for Equifax and Transunion. Delivered 100% reliable system in line with government regulation (C#, .NET, SQL Server).
GrandBright Software – Richmond Hill, ON. May 2009 – May 2015.
- Delivered scalable cloud-based platform enabling proximity marketing to hundreds of thousands of cell phone app subscribers (Java, JBoss, Struts 2, HTML5/CSS3, MySQL, iOS, Android).
Longview Solutions – Richmond Hill, ON. Aug 2007 – May 2009.
- Delivered SOA applications for financial teams to automate day-to-day accounting activities, forecasting, data analytics and reporting (Java, C#, Tomcat, SQL Server).
Bluecat Networks – Toronto, ON. May 2003 – Aug 2007.
- Led team to deliver internet protocol management appliance, the first ever web-based appliance enabling customers to manage IPv4 and IPv8 space as well as DNS and DHCP through multiple remote agents (Java, Tomcat, Tapestry, Hibernate, Postgres).
- Delivered core product enhancements, mission critical features such as high availability and failover, real-time metric collection and reporting, system updates (Java, C, SNMP).
Nexagent Ltd (Jan 2002 – May 2003), Reading, UK. Senior Java Developer.
Magic 4 Ltd (April 2000 – Jan 2002), Manchester, UK. Java Developer.
9a Ltd (Jan 1997 – Apr 2000), Manchester, UK. Java Developer.
Techno Mind HK Ltd (Oct 1993 – Mar 1997). Hong Kong. Embedded Software Developer.
Desk Duty Hero. Python and Django task productivity tool hosted on AWS.
Robotic Process Automation Server and bots. Java, C#, .NET and Python and Django based automation platform.
J-Gator. End-to-end Java-based web development toolset and middleware like Django or Rails.
GrandBright Web Framework. Java service-based middleware too speed up project development through use of patterns. Like Django or Rails.
BSc Computer Science, Hons, University of Wolverhampton. UK. Sept 1990 – Jun 1993.
Major: Software Construction and Programming Languages. Minor: Computer Graphics and User Interfaces.